Šta je novo?

[VIP] testira LTE u Beogradu!

Status
Zatvorena za pisanje odgovora.
World's fastest I-HSPA call demo'd
Posted: 08-May-2008 [Source: Nokia Siemens]
[Austria's 'mobilkom' has demonstrated the world's fastest mobile data call using Nokia Siemens I-HSPA solution - speeds on the downlink reached up to 10.1 Mbps.]

Vienna, Austria -- Testing the capabilities of the new flat network architecture, mobilkom austria has demonstrated the world's fastest data call with a mobile device using the pioneering Internet High Speed Packet Access (I-HSPA) solution from Nokia Siemens Networks. During the trial, the data transmission downlink speed reached up to 10.1 Mbps.

The I-HSPA trial with mobilkom austria, the country's leading mobile operator, marks another milestone for Nokia Siemens Networks in enabling top-quality 3G mobile multimedia and data services to a rapidly growing number of users in a cost-efficient manner. The I-HSPA functionality is designed for heavy data and rich multimedia usage over the wireless network. Thanks to its simplified flat architecture, the network is ready to offer the end user a full mobility of data services, improved multimedia, gaming, web browsing and email service experience. In near future, I-HSPA will be capable for data transmission rates over 10.1 Mbps.

The innovative solution also complies with the future network technology known as Long Term Evolution (LTE), supporting data rates of up to 173 Mbps. In addition to the world's fastest I-HSPA call, Nokia Siemens Networks also demonstrated its LTE solution for the first time in Austria.

"These new technologies will offer higher data transmission rates to our customers, making it easy to use broadband multimedia services while shortening the latency rates. For us as a network operator, these technologies, with their flat architecture, offer the possibility to expand our network with more slender investments," said Boris Nemsic, CEO mobilkom austria und CEO Telekom Austria Group. "The evolution from GPRS via UMTS and HSPA towards LTE is a consequent line in our complementary network strategy."

Being the leading provider of mobile broadband solutions, Nokia Siemens Networks also is the driver of the related standardization processes, like 3GPP (3rd Generation Partnership Program) standard that provides specifications for the third generation (3G) mobile phone system.

"It is exciting to demonstrate our I-HSPA capabilities together with our partner mobilkom austria, who always has been a network operator living the technological leadership claim. I am proud to be able to prove that the future technologies are within our reach here today with the worldwide fastest I-HSPA call," said Dietmar Appeltauer, in charge of Nokia Siemens Networks business in Central Eastern Europe.

I-HSPA innovation by Nokia Siemens Networks introduces a flat network architecture to the 3G networks based on Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (WCDMA) technology by connecting the base station directly to the Internet and enables cost-efficient scaling of the network. It works with all HSPA devices and improves end user experience by reducing latency. I-HSPA flat network architecture also enables smooth migration to LTE.

http://www.mobiletechnews.com/info/2008/05/08/112016.html

Bah, ovako nesto u nekim zemljama smatraju sporim mobilnim, kod nas ni obican net nije toliko :(
Koliko li ce da kosta...
I ne kapiram cemu tolike brzine za mobilne, kao da mogu da se te brzine realno iskoriste a da se ne plati bubregom?

Poslednja izmena:
ima li negde da se prijavi za test :)

Samo 10mbps... NSN i Mobilkom pokušavaju malo da uhvate marketing na mufte jer 10mbps i nije LTE... LTE je tek od 20Mbps pa naviše.

Za one koji nisu u toku, aktuelni 3G UMTS HSPA (3GPP R6), kojeg operateri mogu da kupe i implementiraju je 14.4Mbps Downlink i 5.76Mbps uplink...
Primer: http://www.huawei.com/solutions/radio_access_network/umts/hsdpa_solution.do?card=1

Dakle 10mbps je "stara stvar"... U test laboratorijama se trenutno vrte HSPA+ sa 28.8-42mbps, a ponegde i LTE sa >40mbps

Poslednja izmena:
i da li je neko mozda "nacuo" nesto o ceni usluge??? ,)

Usluga jos ne postoji, verovatno mislis kad bude?

Verovatno standardna (5 para/kb) :)
A mozda iskoriste i telekomov izum, placanje pretplate za mogucnost koriscenja. :)

hahahah, cena usluge :D

meni nije jasno kako ovaj tred jos uvek opstaje...

sad sam ispao glup :p

da, mislio sam kad (uspesno) zavrse testiranje...
a sta ti ja znam, kod MTSa ima ona pretplata na 3g (ili je bila, nisam vise na njihovoj mrezi pa se ne zanimam mnogo za njihove tarife)

Status
Zatvorena za pisanje odgovora.
Nazad
Vrh Dno