Ace Rimmer

Slavan
VIP član
Učlanjen(a)
Poena
AMD News:
http://www.amd.com/us/press-releases/Pages/amd-press-release-2009nov12.aspx

SUNNYVALE/SANTA CLARA, Calif. --11/12/2009

Intel Corporation and Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) today announced a comprehensive agreement to end all outstanding legal disputes between the companies, including antitrust litigation and patent cross license disputes.

In a joint statement the two companies commented, "While the relationship between the two companies has been difficult in the past, this agreement ends the legal disputes and enables the companies to focus all of our efforts on product innovation and development."

Under terms of the agreement, AMD and Intel obtain patent rights from a new 5-year cross license agreement, Intel and AMD will give up any claims of breach from the previous license agreement, and Intel will pay AMD $1.25 billion. Intel has also agreed to abide by a set of business practice provisions. As a result, AMD will drop all pending litigation including the case in U.S. District Court in Delaware and two cases pending in Japan. AMD will also withdraw all of its regulatory complaints worldwide. The agreement will be made public in filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Evo ga, sad konačno i izjave Dirka Meyera imaju smisla:
"I can already hear the cash registers starting to ring, which is wonderful,"
Izvor:
http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/16399/1/

Poslednja izmena:
AMD site:
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), the world leader in silicon innovation, develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live...
:D

Ljubav cveta :) nije li to lepo?

Pazi AMD je kompanija koja ukupno vredi oko 4 Milijarde $ je sada dobila 1.25 Milijarde $ u kesu.

I ja bi cvrkutao :)

AMD and Intel Announce Settlement of All Antitrust and IP Disputes

SUNNYVALE/SANTA CLARA, Calif. - Nov. 12, 2009 - Intel Corporation and Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) today announced a comprehensive agreement to end all outstanding legal disputes between the companies, including antitrust litigation and patent cross license disputes.
In a joint statement the two companies commented, "While the relationship between the two companies has been difficult in the past, this agreement ends the legal disputes and enables the companies to focus all of our efforts on product innovation and development.”
Under terms of the agreement, AMD and Intel obtain patent rights from a new 5-year cross license agreement, Intel and AMD will give up any claims of breach from the previous license agreement, and Intel will pay AMD $1.25 billion. Intel has also agreed to abide by a set of business practice provisions. As a result, AMD will drop all pending litigation including the case in U.S. District Court in Delaware and two cases pending in Japan. AMD will also withdraw all of its regulatory complaints worldwide. The agreement will be made public in filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Intel will pay AMD $1.25 billion. :D

Bravo za AMD, nadam se da će im ovo pomoći daljnjem čupanju iz govana

Iscupace ih iz g... za trecinu i nesto vise, jer je ukupan AMD dug 3 i kusur bilion $ :)

Sad kad cene Intel procesora odu 50% na dole :D :D :d

Da, baš.
Intel ovim potezom primarno spašava svoju guzicu da ne završi kao AT&T 80tih.
Nakon Japana, Koreje i EU, izgleda da su ušli na radar određenih agencija u USA. Boli njih za AMD, dok je AMD živ i dok ne talasa previše, sve je OK. A Intel nastavlja "business as usual", doduše sad će malo više paziti na neke stvari.

Sjećam se prije nekog vremena, kad je Intel zaprijetio povlačenjem x86 licence zbog GF, Dirk Meyer je hladno izjavio da je to sve stvar dogovora te da će se pravnici obje kompanije dogovoriti. Možda je zadnji slučaj protiv Intela u NY bio ta prekretnica kad su popustili.

Nazad
Vrh Dno