Šta je novo?

F1 Napokon dolazi i na pc

raven2005

Slavan
Učlanjen(a)
Poena
Kako kazu sa f1 oficijalnog sajta... Codemaster u ulozi development tima...

Codemasters, developer and publisher of award-winning racing video games, has secured the exclusive video game rights to FORMULA 1™ it was announced on Friday. In a worldwide licensing agreement with Formula One Administration Limited, Codemasters will develop a new generation of the multi-million selling Formula One game franchise across multiple platforms.

Codemasters Studios, creators of genre-leading racing titles Colin McRae: DiRT™ and Race Driver: GRID™, will lead the design and development of official FIA Formula One World Championship games for home console, handheld and PC gaming formats.

“Formula One is ambitious in expanding its reach with more circuits planned beyond recent additions in the Middle East and China. It is also ambitious in expanding its reach via technology. The digital communities that computer and video gaming creates will play a key role in further growing the Formula One audience and connecting them globally,” said Rod Cousens, chief executive officer, Codemasters.

“As a world-leading creator of driving games, this alliance with Formula One is the jewel in Codemasters’ racing crown and creates an undisputed segment champion. Formula One has gone with the best, the segment leader. It has gone to the home of the EGO Engine for quality; it has gone to the company that can host Formula One Online, to the company that is streaking away from the pack.”

“Codemasters’ success and recent innovations in the racing game space makes the company more than appropriately tuned for the challenge,” said Chris Deering, chairman, Codemasters. “The combination of Formula One’s new momentum of expansion and Codemasters’ contemporary technology and past experience is the breaking of a new dawn for the sport, on the track and on the HD game screen.”

The worldwide deal provides Codemasters with rights to feature all Grand Prix circuits, Formula One teams, cars, and driver likenesses.

The FIA Formula One World Championship games will be developed using the evolution of the award-winning EGO™ Game Technology Engine, Codemasters’ highly versatile cross-platform middleware technology. Its advanced graphics and physics technology brings an unmatched cinematic quality and realism to interactive entertainment.

The EGO Engine is currently being deployed in the creation of Race Driver: GRID™, the latest in Codemasters Studio’s international circuit-based racing series. Set to be a landmark release when it launches on May 30, Race Driver: GRID was recently hailed as ‘The driving game of the summer’ by BBC Top Gear magazine.

Codemasters expects the first game based on the FIA Formula One World Championship to launch in 2009.

Valjda ce biti nesto od ovoga... jedino sto cemo cekati do 2009...

Poslednja izmena:
E hvala bogu da je neko uspeo da se dokopa F1 licence, još kad bi bili pametni i uzeli licencu za WRC, gde bi bio kraj.

Codemasters... Znači bez CQ9300 i 9900GTX ne pokušavati igranje. :(

pa, kad je vec codemasters u pitanju, ne :)

Oni su samo sa zadnji cmr dirt zeznuli... ali kako vidim race driver grid ima bolju upravljivost... a neko spomene richard burns rally pa tamo nema nista dobro... sem sto se kola ponasao kao da su stalno na ledu... osecaj brzine je ko da idesh 20 na sat a ne 100... moras stalno da gledash na brzinomer... za mene je cmr 2005 najbolji rally u skorije vreme... sega rally je cista glupost... smesno... sto mora da bude simulacija da bi bila dobra voznja...

Oni su samo sa zadnji cmr dirt zeznuli... ali kako vidim race driver grid ima bolju upravljivost... a neko spomene richard burns rally pa tamo nema nista dobro... sem sto se kola ponasao kao da su stalno na ledu... osecaj brzine je ko da idesh 20 na sat a ne 100... moras stalno da gledash na brzinomer...

Sreca pa se par miliona fanova neslaze sa tobom ;)

Ovo je ipak F1 i svesni su da ce da ih pljuju ako izbace neku "arkadicu".

Nije poenta šta oni misle da treba da urade, nego šta znaju. Dovoljno su se puta dokazali da ne znaju.

Jedino ako ne uzmu neke klince da im urade robotsku ala GTR i onda ćemo mi da se ložimo da je dobro zato što je teško.

Nije lako uraditi F1. Mnogo teže nego obične aute. Koji je to programer vozio F1 pa da može da iskoristi znanje da to prebaci u igru.

Ko o cemu, Baner o klincima :D

Pa dobro, sta god da Codemasters uradi, bice sigurno bolje od ovih dosadasnjih F1 sa playstationa...i ovog puta necemo vidjati F1 vozace koji shatro vezbaju stazu igrajuci playstation, nego se tu mozda nadje i neki xbox360...a mozda i PC zbog bolje grafike? :D

Znaci dobijamo F1 sa malo vise blur-a i bloom-a...

Nije poenta šta oni misle da treba da urade, nego šta znaju. Dovoljno su se puta dokazali da ne znaju.

Zavisi sa koje strane gledaš. Ti izuzetno preteruješ. Gledaš samo jednu stranu. Neko delovi Colin McRae su izuzetno zabavni. Šta me briga što nisu realni? Valjda je dovoljno što postoji Gran Turismo kao realna simulacija, ne mora valjda svaka vožnja.

Najbitnije od svega je da igra bude zabavna - hardcore simulacije jednostavno nemaju veliku publiku. Nek urade dobar AI, dočaraju F1 vizuelno koliko je moguće i naprave izazovan kontrolni sistem i mislim da će ogromna većina nas biti vrlo zadovoljna.

Drugo, iako nikad nisam nešto preterao cenio Colin McRae serijal, ni za njega a ni za Race Driver Codemaster NIKADA nije tvrdio da su u pitanju simulacije - uvek pokušavaju da pronađu balans između simulacije i arkade, što je dobitna kombinacija, ako uspeju da je pogode.
Šta će biti sa F1 pojma nemam, ali pratite malo najave, i znaćete šta da očekujete.

Treće - ovo je svakako odlična vest - zaista ne bih voleo da Formula 1 postane nekakav dodatni mod za Gran Turismo kako su na nekim sajtovima počeli da nagađaju. Sa druge strane, ni Liverpool Studios se nije baš proslavio sa poslednjim izdanjima igre koja su bila prilično bagovita i nedovršena, bez obzira što je fizički model bio dobar.

Mislim i da gubljenje ekskluzive nije veliki udarac za Sony, s obzirom da se Formula One vrlo slabo prodavao. Sad, da li je to bilo zbog popularnosti F1 simulacija ili zbog kvaliteta samog serijala, stvarno je teško reći.

Poslednja izmena od urednika:
Šteta što Atari svojevremeno nije uspeo da sačuva F1 licencu, Grand Prix serijal je tako puno obećavao...

Poslednja izmena:
Šteta što Atari svojevremeno nije uspeo da sačuva F1 licencu, Grand Prix serijal je tako puno obećavao...

Da stvarno, zadnji grand prix je bio dosta bolji od ovog ea 99 f1... secam se da sam menjao neke texture da bih mogao da ga teram na p1... e to su bili dani hahahah...

Bude li dobro upola kao F1 od pre desetak godina pasce otvaranje za neki volan. Taman me se familija odrekla. Inace nisam neki preterani fan formule ali mi je igra super. Pola staza i dan-danas znam napamet.

ovo je dobra vijest. al samo da se oce malo vise okrenut ka simulaciji i sve ce biti dobro.

Inervju sa Codemasters CEO Rod Cousens:

Earlier this month Codemasters secured the exclusive rights to produce Formula One videogames in an agreement that will see the company develop a new generation of the multi-million selling franchise across multiple platforms. We caught up with Codemasters CEO Rod Cousens to discover a little of what the future holds for the millions of would-be Formula One drivers eager to take on the likes of Raikkonen and Hamilton…

Q: Congratulations on securing the Formula One rights. Why do you think Codemasters were successful?
Rod Cousens: Codemasters has a history in racing, particularly in the fields of rallying, with Colin McRae, and TOCA (touring cars), with Race Driver. As the company has grown up we’ve tried to broaden those franchises to have a more global appeal and started to reposition them - as DiRT™, where the last release got an unheard of 40 percent of sales from the US, and GRID™, which goes out at the end of this month. So with our roots in motorsport, we believe we are the home of racing and we felt that Formula One would make a marvellous fit. The best case we could make to Formula One was in the quality of our games - we may not be the biggest, but I do think we are the best.

Q: The first game will be released next year. Talk us briefly through the development process that will be taking place over the coming months?
RC: It depends partly on format - portables are a lot easier as they don’t have such a rich graphical experience - but on dedicated consoles and PCs the way we write stems from what we call an ‘engine’, which for us is Codemasters’ EGO Engine. This is what drives DiRT™ and GRID™, so its pedigree on next-generation systems such as PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 is already proven. The Formula One games will have the benefit of this. It typically takes us two years to develop such a game, but a lot of the assets have already been created - we have a number of the tracks because they already exist in GRID™, and we have the basics of the car dynamics and handling.

Then there’s the issue of which format when - clearly we’ll be targeting formats where there’s been no Formula One experience for a number of years, and the Nintendo Wii, the fastest-selling hardware console in the world today, where the plan is to use the controller like a steering wheel. We’ll go through a parallel development process on that, the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. The artwork involved will be intense and a lot of that will be done overseas to make sure we’re up to speed.

Q: What lessons have you learnt from developing previous driving games and how will they help you with the Formula One project?
RC: The real context of racing is to make it an absolute adrenalin rush for the consumer when they are playing, a real fix. The way we look at it now is akin to a TV broadcast. For example, if you look at the way rallying was traditionally broadcast on television and compare it to the way extreme sports are now televised in the US, with the use of the amazing camera angles, the overhead shots, the commentators - similarly, we want to make Formula One gaming incredibly exciting. We want that top-down, wheel-to-wheel racing experience that nothing else can give - we’ve got to get that to the consumer and we believe we can do it

Q: Presumably you will be working closely not just with Formula One Management, but also with the Formula One teams, the circuits etc?
RC: What we want to do is forge a very close relationship with the teams and to be what the Americans would describe as ‘joined at the hip’. If this game is to be authentic we will want to get very close to the teams in all sorts of areas, recognise the integrity of what they have and hopefully replicate that in the game - we won’t let them down.

Q: What new features can we expect to see on the game?
RC: What we’re trying to achieve here is to take Formula One gaming around the world and in terms of the technological aspect, that’s largely related to online developments. Another thing is car damage, or as we call it, deformation. This is a real racing experience and we all know what people want (and expect) - if there is a collision and that car spins off the track, through the gravel, into the tyres, they want to see that actually happening. It’s a big consumer buzz and so we’ll put things in like that and give it a different perspective.

Q: Some F1 games of the past have been rather hard for the beginner to get to grips with - perhaps understandable, given how hard it is to drive a Formula One car. How will you cater for both ends of the spectrum - the novice player at one end and the hardened petrol-head at the other?
RC: Yes, simulation versus arcade. Codemasters’ history in TOCA Race Driver has been very heavily weighted towards simulation, appealing to the real hardcore fan - be they V8 supporters in Australia, DTM fans in Germany etc, we have always recognised international traits. But if you want to take the game to an even wider audience, particularly the United States (for us the largest gaming market in the world), then you have to appeal to a mass audience and so we blend the simulation with an awful lot of arcade elements too.

The issue people have today is time. This is time-based entertainment and the one thing we all know is that time is constrained. People want to be able to pick up a game, do whatever you do very quickly, post their times up on a leader board and then go off and misbehave elsewhere. We want to be able to offer both things within the game - simulation for the hardcore gamers, but also an arcade experience that you can truly pick up and play. I believe we’ve balanced that in GRID™ and I believe we’re going to balance it in Formula One.

Q: So the online element will be an increasingly important part of the game, helping in effect to reinforce the global Formula One community?
RC: Today, if it’s interactive entertainment then it goes online. It may take five years around the world because of broadband penetration, but ultimately online is it and hopefully we can be an integral part of Formula One as they branch out and open up new markets. In theory the game could almost become quasi-TV. For example, you could speak to drivers during practice and ask them, ‘how are the tyres, how is the suspension?’ They may not give much away, as they have to race, but it’s all part of the compelling experience that you could replicate in the game - and with every extra piece of information the player can adjust his or her racing experience accordingly. Virtual F1!

Q: An increasing number of gamers are playing on High Definition displays - what challenges and opportunities does that give you as game developers?
RC: We are in the HD era and visualisation - particularly with identifiable aspects such as drivers, teams etc - is one of the challenges facing in broadcast media today, in that it also creates a lot of flaws. It’s down to minute particles. We can even differentiate different types of paint that are used on the car, so it’s that defined and obviously visual flaws are very evident if you don’t get it right. Those are the challenges - it’s very art intensive and what we want to do is make sure it’s faithfully replicated and it appears almost as a glass-like vision before you. That’s what we’re trying to do.

Poslednja izmena:
Q: Some F1 games of the past have been rather hard for the beginner to get to grips with - perhaps understandable, given how hard it is to drive a Formula One car. How will you cater for both ends of the spectrum - the novice player at one end and the hardened petrol-head at the other?
RC: Yes, simulation versus arcade. Codemasters’ history in TOCA Race Driver has been very heavily weighted towards simulation, appealing to the real hardcore fan - be they V8 supporters in Australia, DTM fans in Germany etc, we have always recognised international traits. But if you want to take the game to an even wider audience, particularly the United States (for us the largest gaming market in the world), then you have to appeal to a mass audience and so we blend the simulation with an awful lot of arcade elements too.

U principu, ovo je najava da nema ništa od simulacije. Nije da meni nešto smeta.

..bala ih Amerika. A nase trziste uopste ne uzimaju u obzir?!

Codemasters reveal next generation of official F1 games

A new generation of Formula One video games featuring all the drivers, teams and circuits from the 2009 FIA Formula One World Championship was announced on Friday by Codemasters, the developer and publisher of award-winning racing video games, under its exclusive worldwide agreement with Formula One Administration Limited.

The first title in the series, F1 2009™, will debut on Wii™ and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system this autumn. F1 2009 will deliver an authentic and accessible recreation of the current Formula One season, including, for the first time in a Formula One title, the stunning Singapore night race. A trailer video is now live at www.formula1-game.com, Codemasters’ new online destination for the game.

Extending the Formula One experience to further gaming formats, it was also announced that F1 2010™ is in development at Codemasters Studios and coming mid 2010 for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® and Games For Windows®. F1 2010 is being created using Codemasters’ EGO™ Engine technology, which most recently powered the BAFTA award-winning Race Driver: GRID™.

Talking about the partnership with Codemasters, Bernie Ecclestone, CEO Formula One Management Limited, commented: “Codemasters has a great heritage when it comes to racing games and their reputation is second to none. We’re working very closely together on the upcoming Formula One titles and are very impressed with what we have seen.”

Rod Cousens, CEO, Codemasters, said: “Formula One is the pinnacle of motorsport. For many, it embraces a lifestyle and its audience is far reaching and growing. We are producing a series of games that will deliver the passion, glamour and exhilaration that fans deserve and we know how to do that. F1 2009 is the start of something very special for Codemasters and will set the standard for the high definition versions that will follow in mid 2010.”

“Our studios are working extremely closely with Formula One Management Limited and the teams to produce the most authentic and thrilling experience possible. We are delighted with the level of support and access afforded to us so far, enabling us to get as close to the sport as possible. It is this level of support, understanding and working in partnership that enables to deliver superb Formula One games for whichever platform players choose to race.”

In addition to bringing Formula One to Wii for the first time, F1 2009 marks Lewis Hamilton’s debut in a videogame and will enable players to take to the wheel of his McLaren MP4-24 and battle to retain his drivers’ championship crown. The new 2009 season promises to be one of the most exciting and closely fought, thanks to new regulations on aerodynamics, slick tyres and the introduction of the KERS boost system, which is designed to aid overtaking. The rule changes, including KERS, will be reflected in F1 2009 to deliver a truly enthralling racing experience.

“I know Codemasters is going to make a great Formula One game and I'm really looking forward to racing my virtual Red Bull RB5 around my favourite tracks such as Spa and Monaco,” said Chinese Grand Prix winner, Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel.

"Formula One computer games and circuit simulations can be invaluable for racing drivers so it's great news that our fans will also be able to experience the BGP 001 through this game," added championship leader, Brawn GP's Jenson Button.

Both the Wii and PSP editions of F1 2009 have been exclusively designed to deliver the ultimate racing package for each individual format and its audience. Setting new standards for immersion and authenticity on Wii, F1 2009 will offer a variety of race modes, including a full Formula One season and individual arcade-style challenges. Customisable driver aids will be offered to individual players, so both novice and expert drivers will be able to keep their car on track. In the game’s multiplayer mode, driver aids will enable friends and families of different abilities to play together in wheel-to-wheel split screen co-operative and competitive multiplayer races.

The PSP edition of F1 2009 will have players racing against each other wirelessly in addition to engaging and challenging single player modes exclusively tuned for portable play, including competing in full championships.

As Formula One enters its most exciting season yet, F1 2009 will take Wii and PSP players as close as possible to racing in the world’s most spectacular motorsport when it launches this autumn; F1 2010 will follow for PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360 and Games For Windows in 2010. For the trailer video, race over to www.formula1-game.com.

Znaci cekamo 2010... qq

Poslednja izmena:
ma samo da je urade kako valja i čekaću

Meni je sreća što imam i PSP i Wii, pa će čekanje biti mnogo lakše :D

Nazad
Vrh Dno