Casopis Igromani je objavio i prve konkretne informacije.
1. The considerable part of Pripyat will be recreated with 100% (!) accuracy - now it'll be the east part of the city. You'll also see the "Jupiter" facility, Kopachi village, which was so highly contaminated that desactivation failed so everything were just buried, and a lot more locations.
2. There will be noticeable improvements in A-Life system: for example, day/night behavior cycle, artefact searching, blowouts with proper NPC reactions and hideouts and a lot more. By the way, there won't be a faction wars - the idea wasn't successful. NPC behaviour will be more "peaceful" (but, well, of course if a Duty stalker will meet Freedom stalker - he know what to do, so it doesn't meet armistice between everyone). Of course, the overall number of stalkers in the Zone will be lesser than it's been in CS.
3. "Call of Pripyat" is a sequel. It follows the ending where Gunslinger destroyed the C-Consciousness project (developers courageously ignore false endings ^__^). After this event something changed in the Zone, so the goverment decided to sent military specops squads into the Zone to investigate what happened. But something goes terribly wrong and the whole group vanish. Our protagonist will be the Ukrainian military operative, and one of the prior targets we have is to find that squad and figure out what's going on with them.
4. In previous games the side quests looked like primitive 1-minute generated boring tasks. For now, it'll change. There won't be any stereotyped tasks [a]at all[/a]. GSC is developing about ~70 unique side quests (!). Forget about "kill 5 boars" tasks, they're in past.
5. The community annoyed developers with that so much, so... yes, there will be the burer and chimera. Of course, with reworked behavior and new skills. Prepare for tough fights.
6. Blowouts now affect almost everything in the Zone. It's not only rare effective event - lots of things are binded to it. For example, the artifact and anomalies positions will completely change after each blowout.