Šta je novo?

Assetto Corsa , by Kunos Simulazioni

[YOUTUBE]AMTpWA8oAC0[/YOUTUBE]

Sjajno. I koliko vidim ovo definitivno cilja na vece trziste, tj. mainstream sa ovim drift disciplinama i idealnim linijama (kao i verovatno pomocima), ali to nimalo ne umanjuje vrednost i ne predstavlja losu stranu vec pozitivnu jer privlaci jos vecu paznju vecine ljubitelja voznje. Bilo bi super kada bi ovo izaslo do kraja godine kako su i obecali i bude imalo solidan broj staza i vozila. U onom najavljenom demo-u koji ce uskoro najverovatnije ce biti ovo sa gamescom-a, posto mi nekako deluje bas kao skockana prezentacija.

Pa nije pozitivna strana ako bude bilo za sve 'ljubitelje' voznje :) Jednom kad probas sa volanom dobru simulaciju vise za tebe ne postoje ti medju zanrovi. Ili vozis tako ili se zaebavas u GTA po gradu, ja ne mogu da vozim te tipa Dirt, Grid, Forza.. jer nit su ozbiljna simulacija nit su zabavna arkada, vec nesto 'wannabe', od 7 do 77..

Poslednja izmena:
Ala si objasnio svaka cast. A kakve veze to sve ima sa ovom samom igrom ili govoris o nekom tvom ispadu hira elitizma da su ostali retardi sto nemaju volan i voze sa pomocima? Unbelievable. :D

Meni ovo izgleda odlicno , driving line uvek moze da se iskljuci (cak je i dobra stvar za ucenje novih staza) .

Nema sumnje da ce ovo biti simulacija "za mase" , jednostavno je Kunos i sam izjavio u nedavnom intervjuu gde su naveli da ce im challenge biti prilagoditi ga hc simraceru kao i every day Joe-u .

Ali kuditi ga zbog driving line-a je malo "daj da nesto prokomentarisem" ;)

Ne moze da se svidi i average joe-u i hc simraceru u isto vreme, ta dva pojma se medjusobno iskljucuju, ako su to izjavili znaci da idu na foru GT5 samo u manjem obimu sto i nije tako lose, PC nema takvu igru i krajnje je vreme da je dobije.

Pogledajte od 2:21 kako volan klizi kroz ruke... nadam se da ce to popraviti

Poslednja izmena:
A bila bi fora da ne poprave. Ovde izgleda kao i u CARS temi treba nekoliko puta da se napomene da je ovo sve pre-alpha, dakle igra u procesu izrade, a ne neka final beta pred testiranje i izdavanje.

[YOUTUBE]m35edoY9RM4[/YOUTUBE]

Evo ovde na pocetku se vidi ono sto sam rekao da ce biti klasicna igra sa vise nivoa pomoci, gamer, racer i pro-driver, taman da vecina moze da uziva, sto je po meni idealna kombinacija za racing igru, praviti hardcore simulaciju i napraviti vise tiera sa pomocima da bi svako mogao da vozi i uziva na svoj nacin. Inace, koliko vidim za sada imaju dosta vozila, kao i nekoliko staza koje su prikazane uz nezaobilazni Nord koji je laserski skeniran, naravno kao i ostale prikazane. Nadam se samo da ce do izlaska ubaciti jos staza i jos vozila i igra, a bio bi red da i taj "benchmark" skorije izadje pa da se ovo malo oproba...

Poslednja izmena:
Sta se primate :D

Evo review jednog HC simracera koji je probao AC na GC2012:

Graphics
Kunos shared a stand with Acer and Fanatec, so we got a chance to try Assetto Corsa with Fanatecs Club Sport wheels and pedals. Having taken place in the simulator a first look at the screen showed us that what we were about to experience was still pre-alpha material. It might as well have late beta material because it looked slick. The screenshots we saw earlier never lied. Assetto Corsa looks as good as we were shown.

Physics
Time to fire up those engines! We took place in the BMW Z4 GT3 for some laps around Monza. We were never disappointed. From the moment the throttle was first floored the car felt instinctively good. It was the most natural sim racing experience we’ve had so far. It appears that anyone with sense of driving or racing a car can get in and drive laps without crashing off everywhere. The car gave a nice direct response to my steering input and I never had the feeling I was driving on ice when I floored the throttle or the brakes, even on Pro Driver level. Bram tested the limits and got out of a corner with heavy oversteer. After catching it he noted that it was the first time a sim had not backfired his correction manoeuvres, which would usually send him to the wall in the opposite direction. Just an example of how this sim is different from what we’re used to.

This is not to say that the car or this game is easy to master. On the contrary, it’s easy to drive, but hard to master, because as soon as I started to push it for faster lap times, braking late, clipping curbs and slamming the throttle, more forces joined the fray. The more input you give the car, the more feedback it produces and the closer you get to making mistakes. Eventually I found myself fighting to keep the car straight under hard braking and felt the car starting to break away as I hit the throttle too hard. You can get within a couple of seconds range from a fast laptime relatively easy, but to get those last seconds and tenths out of it, you’ll need a lot more work. We’re in for the challenge.

Sounds
The thing that least impressed Bram and me were the sounds. The BMW did have a nice whizling sound coming from its engine, but we weren’t exactly blown away by that. Nor did the tyres seem to produce much noise as we put them to the limit, though we were told they turned that sound down a bit. The devs admitted the sounds were still lagging behind, but promised improvement were being made. We’re looking forward to hear about that.

Other (exciting) features
The final feature that drew our attention was that the simulators were remotely controlled form a tablet. From a distance the tracks and cars were selected and I was loaded into them. We never pressed a button. It was all done for us from a tablet.

Assetto Corsa is going to be a game with high customisability. Drivers can move around parts of their interface with a click of the mouse and race and A.I settings can be adjusted in detail. The game is open to modders too with the possiblity to add their own interfaces, cars, tracks and features to the game.

The first impression from the game Assetto Corsa exceeded my expections. From what I’ve seen and tried it looks and feels good. Actually, I can’t wait to sit behind my own PC and get my hands on it. Unfortunately we still have to go through alpha and beta stages. Imagine the possibilities…

Nice detail to post was that we ran into Bsimracing.com owner Wim Bries and had a long talk about our hobby. We also hooked up with fellow RaceDepartment member Adam Mocarski who shot the following video of AC in action.

I would like talk a bit about development decisions regarding Assetto Corsa, before answering to some of your questions.

First of all, we really appreciate your comments and we thank you for all your interest in Assetto Corsa. This provides a strong motivation for our team to work at its best. We would also like to thank all the people that continue to support us, and the AC project, by purchasing our existing products. Please, continue to do so.

Reading comments on blogs, forums and your questions here, it seems that people think of us as a big software studio with unlimited resources. We feel proud because it seems that people think we are doing top quality work. Nevertheless we would like to underline that Kunos Simulazioni is a small, independent software house that is not funded by any external investment. We don’t work with, or on behalf of, any financial company and therefore our budget and resources are limited.

Because the community seems to be very kind on our regards, the least we can do is to be honest towards the community. Before discussing features, cars and tracks or how our title will be the “sim to end all sims” as maybe other marketing departments of other software studios do, we would like to explain the reasons behind some decisions, so here it goes.

It’s important to understand what limited resources means. We need to decide very carefully on which aspects of the software we have to focus our production: graphics, physics, licensing, features, the offline and/or online experience, weather effects, and so on. Obviously we can’t put the same attention in all of these aspects together. Gran Turismo 5 is a game that proves that 5 years work and budgets in the range of several tenths of millions of dollars, are not by themselves a guarantee that you can include every feature in existence into a racing game, and create the perfection.

We have a maxim in our office: “everyone wants to race a 24 hour race, driving at night, under heavy rain, with broken suspension and a puncture. But just one time for a try“.

What we have learned, over the years, is that feedback on forums and simracing blogs represents just a minor percentage of the total amount of users and it doesn’t always tell you the truth about what people want to see in a game. We pay great attention and listen to our customers, but when we see how people are using our software, we see various patterns -often vastly different- from what blogs and forums would suggest as normal usage. Here’s a couple of examples that are significative.

As you probably know, Kunos have released, for free, for all registered members – all the add-ons produced for netKar PRO: cars, tracks, features, etc. And a lot of people who didn’t purchase netkar PRO before, during these years decided to buy it to get these add-ons, when a certain car or track as piqued their interest. Well, you would probably be surprised, but the slowest add-on car has sold much-much more copies of the game than the version that introduced weather conditions with aquaplaning, even if that feature was highly demanded from communities and the implementation was not bad at all when it was released, in 2009.

If you are not involved in the simracing community and you read the biggest simracing forums, blogs, and so on, you could think that Grand Prix Legends, Richard Burns Rally and a few other games are the most successful racing games ever. And that -for instance- some modern famous F1 or rally titles are a total sales disaster because people hate them. Well, you already know the truth, don’t you?

Many people think that that the multiplayer and online experience is dramatically important to every racing game. We love online racing too and we participate in various leagues with netKar pro or even other sims occasionally! Still if you count the number of users that play online at any time of the day/week with all the available simulators on the market, and then you also count the sales numbers of all the simulators available, you will notice that the online active users are a tiny fraction of the whole sales, even on purely online dedicated sims. So we’re troubled… where are all these people? Why we can’t see more online active users, than 15-20% of the whole sales of all sims even by the most pessimistic sales projections? Obviously because only a small part of the customers have the time and energy to race online regularly.

For all above reasons, and much more that we haven’t expressed but one can easily imagine, an independent developer needs to determine a strategy, in order to stay alive and be able to produce a new product in a busy marketplace. Our strategy, at Kunos, is not to create what people would ideally like to see in Assetto Corsa, but what Assetto Corsa should include in order to be an enjoyable product that simracers and, why not, normal gamers, would love to use. Because if you think about it, fast driving and racing is fun, so why simulators are not used by more people?

The development of Assetto Corsa is the present and future of our software house and an offer to the simracing community that surely thrives if more simulations are available in the market. We need to give priority to the features that make the driving experience with Assetto Corsa, worth for a larger audience of customers, without compromising and producing an arcade or sim/arcade game. Therefore we need contents, official cars and tracks, hi-quality graphics, a cool entertainment experience and a moddable structure to the software design. All powered by the most realistic physics engine we are able to develop, because that is our trademark and most praised characteristic. We believe that those features will make everybody happy, while having whatever extra feature at the expense of stability or mediocre experience while playing would make probably some people happy and angry everybody else.

So for example, multiplayer? Sure, but it will be one of the features of Assetto Corsa. AC will not have only a multiplayer structure as its core function, like its predecessor. Our original wish list, when we defined the concept of AC more than 2 years ago, included a lot of interesting and cool features. Realistically, today we need to set priorities and give you a great, stable racing experience. We are investing so much, we decided to bet on the simracing community. When AC is released, you will decide whether to bet on us. What will happen after the first release of AC, will also depend on the community stance. If the community stops the religion wars of “my sim is better than yours” and embraces the small number of simulations that exist in the market, then the same market will grow and become healthier. If we are not up to the realistic expectations of the community or the community asks the impossible, then in the future we will see even more arcade driving games.*

The community can support Assetto Corsa’s development in the long term, by buying our previous products now, and purchasing AC when it becomes available.

We really hope we’ve been able to transmit you the positive spirit that drives us to write these honest words and hopefully you will read our answers to your questions, from a different perspective than the usual “we want everything and we want it now”.

*Odlicno sumirano proseravanje i elitizam/fanbojizam u "sim" krugovima.

02-3.jpg

tumblr_m8pxk5aBnt1qzyegho2_500.jpg

A i ovo..

Aristotelis Vasilakos wrote:
I'm the one drifting guys and I can confirm that nobody has yet managed to actually drift the car in gamescon. Some power drifts have been able, but no actual drifts. Also Marco and Stefano do not manage to drift like that at all. You need to know the technique. If you know what you're doing, it's easy and natural. If you don't know, it just won't work.

The car is also setup for drift like this:
- Normal physics, no "special mode"
- street normal tyre, NO "special" tyres at all.
- Stiffer suspension and a bit oversteery (not too much)
- 200kg less weight from the street car
- drift car steering rack with around 50-55 degrees

That's all.

For Gamescon the grass grip has been raised a bit, so that's why you can see me not totally spin when I touched the grass. That won't be the case on the final release, it's only for the show.

Poslednja izmena:
The September is coming

488373_514897291869927_437515729_n.png

uuu svidja mi se sto je UI ovako podesiv , mada bi kod mene ostala verovatno samo stoperica :)

spominje se i neki ranking system (khm khm... javi se Borise) :d

Mnogo sve obecava, bas sam se napal'la. :)

Deluje odlicno, bez greske bice veliki hit.

Moze li neko da okaci listu staza jer ne mogu da je nadjem sad.

Uglavnom njihove italijanske: Imola, Valelunga, Monza, Mugello, Magione, onda Nurnburgring sa varijacijama i Silverstone. Verovatno ima jos staza u izradi ali ovo je trenutno poznato i laser scanned, verovatno sem Scleife-a...

igra ce podrzavati modove , tako da staza nece faliti ;)

Grafika nista posebno, okolina nekako mrtva, plasticna i jednolicna. Volan na ekranu kasni deo sekunde za inputom.
Nema tragova proklizavanja i blokiranja tockova - ni na asfaltu, ni na gumama niti postoji dim od spaljene gume.

Ne mogu da komentarisem kvalitet voznje i osecaj koju pruza ali ono sto moze da se vidi sa ovih snimaka je daleko od impresivnog.

A bre soko , sta bi trebalo da ima igra da bi okolina delovala zivlje ? Kranove ? :d
U svakom offscreen videu volan/slika deluje kao da malo kasni sa inputom.

Drukcije ce to biti u multy-u , sa finalnom verzijom. Ono sto se meni licno svidja je sto je od likova koji su radili netkar , po meni jedne od najbolje simulirane fizike do dana danasnjeg.
...ali su opet radili i ferrari academy za koga su kunu da je simulacija , a ja bas nisam ubedjen :p

have some faith.

Vidis da hejtuje. :)
Verovatno trenutno prolazi kroz fazu koja se zove "blah", znam o cemu pricam, ja sam prolazio kroz istu pocetkom godine. Tada su mi sve sim bile BLAH, samo nesto nenormalno i pakleno dobro je moglo da izbegne moj hejt, a toga nije bilo, a mozda ga nece biti ni sledecih meseci, videcemo. :)

Inace 95% simracera odusevljeno kako sve izgleda i deluje u AC, onih 5% ili su fanboys-i ili su u toj fazi.

Poslednja izmena:
ma razumem ja da je jesenja depresija/ nezadovoljstvo poslom / prijateljima / opste sivilo / kriza srednjih godina / raskid sa devojkom ... ili momkom :d

we`ve all been there xD

Naravno videcemo svi o cemu se radi kad izadje tech demo ali po klipovima mi deluje neverovatno dobro..

prevod by delpinsky sa wmd-a:

3 old friends, I underline old...

Let's talk about Assetto Corsa!

First question: why the name Assetto Corsa?

- laughs - Nice start...

Because it's cool!
We noticed some foreign products with italian names (Nd. Grand Turismo, Forza Motorsport), so why to copy them with a foreign name since we are italian?

Marco, what can you tell us about this new Kunos product?
It's new for you, not for us, since we've been working on it for 3 years - smiling - we are sick of it!
We are very happy of what we've done so far. What helped us to improve the approach in the way we work, are not only the past experiences but also the chance to have our headquarters here in a track (Nd. Vallelunga), being in touch daily with the world of motorsport.

Assetto Corsa is a bigger and different thing compared to netKar Pro and the opportunity to have more people working with us, gave us the possibility to focus ourselves individually on much more aspects, compared to the past, where it was basically a one-man-band, where everything rotated around Stefano (Nd. Casillo).
We have people like Aris (Ed. Vasilakos) - unfortunately! - who gives us the possibility to be more specialized in every area of the development, from graphics to physics, passing through licensing department.

It's our most ambitious project and what will determine the future of our company.

Another question: how much of netKar Pro can you find in Assetto Corsa? ..if there's any.

- People! People who worked on it, plus other new entries.

From the source code point of view, there's nothing in common, but the know-how we developed in all these years.
Assetto Corsa is not an evolution of things already done before. It's a project created from the scratch as netKar Pro was an experimental project, born with other objectives in mind. Stefano turned his experimental ambitions into something bigger and now Assetto Corsa concept answers to all the new demands we received in all these years, such as professional, training-platform, modding and so on.

The first thing you notice when AC starts is the menu.
It's a very stylish menu, complete, and aesthetically functional. It seems to be a game though.
Does it means Kunos open to Arcade and people who are not addicted to simulations?

- Assetto Corsa is an Arcade! - laughin -

- (Nd. Aris) There's no reason why a user experience shouldn't be fun. Our primary goal with AC was to give the user the chance to play, to drive, which is the essence for a racing enthusiast. So everything must be easy and graphically clean when you want to select a car, a circuit.

So now, to set up the input devices you don't need a degree in engineering.
- No, it's enough a Master...

Stefano, what can you tell us about Assetto Corsa?

- I'm very tired!
- We are in the final timeline about implementations. From that moment on we're going to start the hardest part of bug fixing. It's really hard for us to talk about AC because we have it before our eyes every single day.
Compared to nK Pro I have a vision more related to software, because since AC is developead by a team, now I find myself to play just like a simple user... for example every time I try a new version I find something new to me, like a completely new menu, new cars and so on, and everything happens without my primary intervention, as it's now all made in synergy among the crew. So now the hope is to have now a more solid product as we can split the work among the team members.

Talking about physics, dynamic model and driving feel, things that really impressed me.. Aris, you told me before that the approach on physics and driving model was completely different.

- We start from a base, which is Stefano programming his physics engine; and it's really amazing to say "I need a value or a feature" and the day after being able to have it, working, and bug-free, and verified working as it should in reality.

When you got such an advanced model, you feel yourself compelled to do a step forward and not starting to create each car, one by one, with its own behavior and then trying to fix this to catch its right behavior and then again starting with another car to do a completely new thing to find its normal behavior.

We aim to link all the things together to have all the cars working in a proportional way and bound one another; and I think what we managed to do with AC is, often when you drive, you don't try to undestand what the simulator does and then you adapt yourself to it, but you simply try to understand the specs, the characteristics of each car and exploit them to drive faster or have more fun when you drive that car.

Will this be a great advantage for Modders as well?

- Yes, we hope so, also because everytime Stefano adds something on the physics engine and even graphics engine, one of my first thoughts is: "how can we make this thing easier to use by me and so by Modders (..later on)?"

Marco, let's talk about liceses and what we can expect from Assetto Corsa in regards of tracks and cars.

- Vallelunga has not been officially announced yet, but you can bet it will be in the final version.
Clearly we have our officies here at the track, so...

Monza, Silverstone, Imola and Magione have been already announced.

As Bonus Track: TRENTO - BONDONE hillclimb!

It will be revisited a little in function of the new graphics engine which is different from the old one. (Nd. GREAT NEWS!)
So this track will require a bit of extra work.

Two new circuits are on the way, but we can't talk about them as the license agreements are close to finalization.
Let's see if we can make a surprise to all racing enthusiats... we try to!

About Lotus cars, we have a multi-years license, covering also the next two years of production.
A base of 5/6 cars but no Classic Team Lotus brand, which is another thing.

Then we will add other cars as DLCs in the following months after the official 1.0 release.

Classic Team Lotus: 6 cars, 2 maybe 3 in the 1.0 version.
Three more cars added later on, considering the F1 from '60 on.

BMW: 9 models, street and race cars.
KTM with X-BOW.
FIAT 500 Abarth SS
Ferrari P4/5 Competizione

But in this area the work is not completed because we are finalizing other licenses to have more cars in the 1.0 version.

Another question: how many bugs do you count on adding into Assetto Corsa?
Just joking! Eheh

WHEN ASSETTO CORSA WILL BE RELEASED???

- When it's ready...
The idea was to release it within the fall of 2012, but some things happened, positive things, we hope positive not only for us but also for the final users, so we are thinking a date around the 1st quarter of 2013.

We aim to release a Tech-preview within the fall of 2012, so we can start with it a bug-fixing phase.
In this tech-demo it's likely we add a FIAT 500 Abarth and Magione, and our main goal is to test the graphics engine, a DX11 engine, in as more PC configurations as possible, to verify bugs, performances, interface working and all other feaures which are going to be added in the final version.

Will the Modding be easy to manage and open to every kind of possibilities, such as cars and tracks?

- The software is extremely open, in regards of cars and tracks customization and features such as output data, telemetries, overlay graphics; everything's planned to be extremely user-friendly. Clearly skilled modders will have no problems, whilst newbies can't expect to created state of the art work if they don't understand the values to add to create something.

WITH OUR PRODUCTS, IF YOU CAN OBTAIN REAL-LIFE DATA, IT'S ENOUGH TO ADD THOSE VALUES AND THE SOFTWARE DOES THE JOB.

Znaci i onaj hillclimb iz ntcar-a... nice. Taman i RaceRoom ima hillclimb, samo sto ja skoro dobih beta kljuc ali me onaj budjavi steam napusi za igru sa svojim sjajnim start problemom...

jos bolje u pokretu:

[video=facebook;10151286016933069]https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10151286016933069[/video] [video=facebook;4118714740156]https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=4118714740156[/video]

kad li cee da se sete da izbace taj demo da ne gledamo vise ove offscreen klipove...

Assetto Corsa - Release update
Kunos Simulazioni Quote:

First of all all, we would like to apologise for the lack of updates and news related to the release of Assetto Corsa. We have been working very hard on the Assetto Corsa project and before we make any more announcements we have had to wait until everything is in place. Now, at last, we can share some important information with you, our fans.

Almost a year ago, on December the 23rd, 2011, we announced that we are developing a new PC racing simulation, “Assetto Corsa”. Our aim was to be able to release the game one year later, during 2012’s holiday season.

We will not reach this goal. Assetto Corsa has been delayed and the release is now expected within 1st quarter 2013, as some of you may already know. The “Assetto Corsa technology preview”, a graphics benchmark, expected to be released in 2012, has been delayed too.

We know a lot of people are keenly waiting for the release of Assetto Corsa, and we wish to thank them for the support they have given us since we announced our most ambitious project.

If you are an experienced gamer you will already be aware that these kind of delays can happen, and will know as well that reasons for such delays can be boring. But, trust us, this is not the case, because the reasons behind our decision to delay Assetto Corsa for a few weeks are the best possible.

We just ask you to remember that what you have seen, what we are able to show you, is just the tip of the iceberg. It is not possible for us to help you understand the amount of work we have put in, as well as the many situations that can determine some of our choices.

Anyway, on December, 21st 2012, at 21.00, European time, please connect to www.assettocorsa.net, or www.facebook.com/assetto.corsa , or https://twitter.com/AC_assettocorsa or Assetto Corsa Google plus and prepare yourself for the most unexpected ending we are able to give you.

Hm samo Ferrari licenca, ocekivao sam neki demo
Evo video

A evo i par slicica
16.jpeg15.jpeg11.jpeg3.jpeg5.jpeg

Poslednja izmena:
Nazad
Vrh Dno