Šta je novo?

The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

Wahad

Slavan
Učlanjen(a)
Poena
Negde sam pročitao ne tako davno da Bethesda radi na projektu Skyrim, a i drže taj trademark od pre godinu dana, a evo i jučerašnje vesti

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/16/bethesdas-new-game-is-for-current-platforms-pretty-far-along/

After two years of silence, Bethesda is very used to deflecting questions about its next, still unannounced game. But executive producer Todd Howard finally shared some info about the forthcoming project at this year's QuakeCon, telling Eurogamer that it's "pretty far along." Around 90 people are working on the game, and Howard predicts that the stretch between the project's announcement and launch will be the "the shortest it's been for us" (Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was announced in September 2004 and released in March 2006, and Fallout 3 was announced in July 2004 but not released until October 2008).

Additionally, he pointed out that the upcoming project will run on existing consoles and is built on the same engine that powered Oblivion and Fallout 3. "That's our starting point -- the Fallout 3 tech. It started with Morrowind, we went to Oblivion, we did a lot between Oblivion and Fallout 3 because now we had final hardware -- with Oblivion we had six months on final hardware, so Fallout 3 technically does a lot more than Oblivion. The new stuff is an even bigger jump from that," he said. He wouldn't get too specific on when we'd hear more, saying he didn't want to disappoint people by announcing an ... announcement that might shift later on.

Hopefully, Mr. Howard knows that disappointment will be harder to avoid if that announcement turns out to be anything but Elder Scrolls V.

Evo šta je se špekulisalo još početkom godine...

The Elder Scrolls V

Probable Locations:

Skyrim

There is speculation that the next game could be based in Skyrim. The name has been trademarked by Bethesda, which could indicate that there is an upcoming game called Skyrim, as there was for Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles. A simple search at the US Trademarks website reveals four applications for Skyrim as a Trademark, three from Bethesda, and one from a telecommunications company in Florida. Bethesda filed for the trademark in October 2006. It is interesting to note that Bethesda filed for Oblivion's trademark on June 21, 1995, but abandoned the trademark, only to refile for it on April 4, 2003 about 3 years before release (2006). Morrowind followed a similar 3 year pattern (1999 to 2002). It is unlikely that Skyrim will follow this same three year release, since it has yet to be announced. Also Michael Kirkbride, a contract developer for Bethesda, is rumored to be working on Nordic lore with text such as The Seven Fights of The Aldudagga.

Summerset Isle

There is some speculation that TES V will take place in Summerset Isle, due to various rumors about Daedra Worship increasing and a boycott of Imperial goods in Oblivion (although it is important to note that there are several equally 'significant' rumors about events in other provinces in Oblivion, namely Black Marsh, Morrowind, Orsinium, Elsweyr and, of course, Skyrim). It is possible this could follow the pattern set in Morrowind, which had rumors mentioning trouble in Cyrodiil. But of course, this logic also holds true for all the other provinces mentioned. (And again, it is worth noting that none of the events mentioned in rumors about Cyrodiil in Morrowind actually occurred in Oblivion; only those prophecies which spoke of general plot events, namely a Daedric invasion, not specific to Cyrodiil)

In fact, it was rumored that TES IV would take place on Summerset Isle, due to developer comments from before Morrowind's release, but those proved to be untrue.

In terms of gameplay, Summerset Isle would be a convenient choice because it is surrounded by water, providing a natural boundary to the playable game-world, much like Morrowind had by taking place in Vvardenfell and not the mainland area of the province. In Oblivion, the invisible walls at the edges of the mostly land-locked Cyrodiil were a cause for complaints by some fans.

Probable Timeline

The events of TES V may take place 200 years after the events of Oblivion. A 1up.com post states that the first Elder Scrolls novel "partly bridges the gap for the next game, which is set 200 years after the Oblivion crisis." The retail site from which this information came quickly removed the reference to the next Elder Scrolls game from its listing; it is unknown whether this is due to a factual error or if the retail site accidentally leaked information that was meant to be released at a later date.

Production

It is speculated that Bethesda started full development of The Elder Scrolls V after the completion of Fallout 3. From previous quotes from Todd Howard, it is suspected that preproduction work for TESV took place during Fallout's development. At one point there was news that pointed towards a 2010 release date; however, that appears to be false, as the game has not been announced, and a 2010 release date would leave little time for promotion of the game. The 2010 date was always regarded as questionable, since Fallout 3 used the same basic Engine as Oblivion and still required 31 months of development time (The 2010 date gave a maximum of 26 months). It is important to note that Bethesda has announced that there will be no more downloadable content for Fallout 3, which indicates that Bethesda is increasingly focusing their developers on their next stand alone game release.

On April 27, 2009, Pete Hines was quoted by IGN as saying that no new Elder Scrolls title was expected to be announced "anytime soon." This was done along the announcement of the Elder Scrolls Novels to be penned by renowned fantasy author Greg Keyes. The announcement is ambiguous and no more specific details were given. The interview can be found here.

In a more recent interview for Gamasutra dated June 25th, Hines let slip that "On the flip side, Todd [Howard] and his team have their hands full with The Elder Scrolls and Fallout." This suggests that some Elder Scrolls title, be it Elder Scrolls V or a spin-off along the vein of Redguard and Battlespire, is in production on some level. That interview can be found here.

Za one koji nisu upućeni Skyrim je severna Nord zemlja Tamriel-a. Nadam se samo da će biti više kao Morrowind nego Oblivion. Kako po dužini igranja, tako i po veličini regije. Inače gore negde piše da se radi u Gamebryo Engine-u

Ja se iskreno nadam da će uskoro biti i zvanična najava jer je od Obliviona prošlo 4 godine, a upravo je 4 godine prošlo između izlaska Morrowinda i Obliviona...

Hmm, mada iskopao sam ovo za Rage odakle se moze zakljuciti da je u pitanju novi endzin. Vest je od 13.-og avgusta.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/111/1112464p1.html

Bethesda Game Director Todd Howard explained in a separate interview with IGN that his game would not use id Tech 5. The studio's new engine built for its upcoming title is more beneficial to creating huge, open-world games, such as Fallout 3 and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, while id Tech 5 is better for more contained environments.

"We decided to really reboot our technology after Fallout 3, so we had been making plans for that and started doing some things. The id thing came along later, so it's a mix of that plus the kinds of games we do are a bit bigger and more dynamic.

"Id Tech 5 is the best thing in the world at doing a very static environment that looks pretty and you're going to run through. But for the kinds of things I like to do, I like the world to be more dynamic."

Poslednja izmena:
Evo citiraću ono gore što sam već citirao :)

Additionally, he pointed out that the upcoming project will run on existing consoles and is built on the same engine that powered Oblivion and Fallout 3.
Vest je od juče :)

I jedno i drugo su njegove izjave sa QuakeCon-a, jedna za IGN a druga za Eurogamer. Samo bih voleo da malo jasnije kaze sta misli ili sta je od ovoga tacno; jer u jednog stoji "studio's new engine" a u drugoj "same engine".

roflmao, jos uvek ce da koriste toliko zakrzljali engine za igru koju su tek objavili a koja ce izaci ko zna kad?? oni su carevi retardizma :d

Ili ce da bude neka nova verzija Gamebryo engine-a ili IdTech 5. U svakom slucaju, verovatno ce i ovaj Elder S. da ima vrhunsku grafiku kao i njegovi prethodnici.

IdTech sigurno nece biti, to je napomenuo u ovoj izjavi za IGN.

може бити само мања од обливиона, судећи по овој мапи
http://www.tes.altervista.org/mappagigante.jpg

skyrim је мањи. што значи да ће вероватно бити доста детаљнији

Nema to mnogo veze sa geografijom. Ako se sećaš Morrowinda, onda ti je jasno koliko je on veću površinu imao od Obliviona, a na mapi, Cyrodiil je slične površine kao Morrowind, tj. još veće bez ostrva koga nije bilo u prvoj igri, već u ekspanzijama...

konacno nesto u vezi ES V da se najvi :banana:...nema sanse da bude stari engine, jednostavno je nebulozno da nakon toliko vremena novu igru rade u starom endzinu, posebnio jer je rec o o ES serijalu koji ima milionsko trziste. Sigurno je da ce igra biti po obimu slicna ES IV a da li ce mapa imati vecu ili manju povrsinu nije bitno jer vazan je broj questova i detalji na mapi.

konacno nesto u vezi ES V da se najvi :banana:...nema sanse da bude stari engine, jednostavno je nebulozno da nakon toliko vremena novu igru rade u starom endzinu, posebnio jer je rec o o ES serijalu koji ima milionsko trziste. Sigurno je da ce igra biti po obimu slicna ES IV a da li ce mapa imati vecu ili manju povrsinu nije bitno jer vazan je broj questova i detalji na mapi.

Pročitaj ponovo prvi post o engine-u

Pročitaj ponovo prvi post o engine-u

"That's our starting point -- the Fallout 3 tech" valjda od toga krecu racunam da ce biti ipak nesto novo ili bar unapredjeno...ako ostane isti engine bice nevidjena glupost sa njihove strane...:trust:

Pa unapredjena verzija Gamebryo-a ce da bude, ako nece idtech 5.

A i realno Oblivion sa modovima i dan danas extra izgleda... Tako da ako ga oni unaprede još malo biće super... Ako ništa drugo moćićemo svi da igramo :)

Daklem, nece biti MMO? Eto makar jedne pozitivne vesti. :)

Samo da ne bude kao u Oblivionu onaj difficulty slider, mene je to potpuno odvratilo od igranja.

Da, moglo je da se isključi pomoću moda... Zbog toga ja kažem da je mnogo bolje da bude kao Morrowind :). Oteliš se prvih 5 sati da nađeš dagger dok te pacovi lemaju

Ma totalno obesmisljava razvoj lika, levelovanje protivnika je takodje glupost po meni.
Samo da izbace te 2 iritantne stvari i bice extra.

To za world level (difficulty) scaling je bilo bas bezveze , secam se kako sam bio napaljen na grafiku na borbu cak i na questove... ali posle nekih 30 sati igranja sam digo ruke kad sam skontao da moj archer (neki skoro 30lvl) moze da skine svakog neprijatelja iz Sneak-a.

Zato ja nisam presao jos Oblivion zbog silnih modova koje imam, sa kojima je igra daleko ralnija. Na primer mozes lako da natrcis na protivnika koji je lvl30 a ti jos na 5 ;)

Da, moglo je da se isključi pomoću moda... Zbog toga ja kažem da je mnogo bolje da bude kao Morrowind :). Oteliš se prvih 5 sati da nađeš dagger dok te pacovi lemaju

Pa nije ni taj sistem bio idealan jer u jednom trenutku si postao toliko jak i tako opremljen da si boss-ove završavao jednim udarcem.Mada opet je to bilo bolje nego u Oblivionu to se slažem.

Oscuro Oblivion Overhaull tj. OOO mod je napravio upravo pravi balans(između ostalih promena) kad je levelovanje protivnika u pitanju.
Nadam se da će to primeniti u ES 5.

Da ja upravo koristim taj OOO mod i igram se vec 2 godine ;)

Pa nije ni taj sistem bio idealan jer u jednom trenutku si postao toliko jak i tako opremljen da si boss-ove završavao jednim udarcem.Mada opet je to bilo bolje nego u Oblivionu to se slažem.

Oscuro Oblivion Overhaull tj. OOO mod je napravio upravo pravi balans(između ostalih promena) kad je levelovanje protivnika u pitanju.
Nadam se da će to primeniti u ES 5.

Da ali do tog dela kada ti budeš toliko prokleto jak se oteliš da pređeš neke delove, pogotovo je meni kraj tribunala bio dosta težak jer sam igrao sa Mage-om (svuda uvek igram sa mage-om) a bilo je poprilično close combat a nigde mesta za levitate :D. Ali realno kraj Morrowind-a sam poprilično lako prešao, naravno teže je bilo stići do kraja nego ubiti onog ******a.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/113/1136343p1.html

:D me happy!!! Nisam pročitao celu vest, a verujem da ću se razočarati nešto sigurno...

Ohoho!

In an interview with IGN at Quakecon in August, Bethesda Game Director Todd Howard confirmed the developer's new, and still unannounced, title would not be using id Software's Rage engine, id Tech 5. Instead, Bethesda has created an entirely new game engine.

Poslednja izmena:
A sta sam ja tamo rekao u postu #2. :D

Nego ovo je dopuna vesti:

"This source not only confirmed that the game is in current production, but also spoke briefly about the content - with fantasy-sounding phrases like Dragon Lord, something with The Blades - and that voice acting for the characters in the game is currently happening in the weeks to follow.

"The same source confirmed, with official game documents in hand, that this will be the chronological sequel to what happened in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which is the latest game in the now 16-years-old Elder Scrolls saga and by itself one of the better RPGs for PC and consoles.

Edit:

Samo sto je za endzin to ista ona vest sa pocetka teme. Niko nije direktno preneo njegov citat sa preciznom informacijom da li se pravio novi ili koristi stari, vec su jedni to protumacili kao novi, a drugi kao nabudzeni stari. A sada samo vrte informaciju po toj vesti iz avgusta kao osnovu za ovu novu.

Poslednja izmena:
Fala bogu da su napravili novi endžin. Kakav crni Rage to je za zatvorene pucačine gde se jedina interakcija sa okolinom vrši putem vatrenog oružja.

Ono što je i loše i dobro sa druge strane jeste što neće pre novih konzola. S obzir da bi to značilo da će od ESIV proći punih 8 godina mene će sve manje od cele mape Tamriela i mnogo, ali mnogo sadržaja razočarati. Takođe očekujem mnogo više razmišljanja pri izadi, manje CP tehnike i mnogo dobru grafiku, fiziku, animaciju i kvestove.

Ako naprave manju mapu od ESIV, sa jednoličnim okruženjem, sa manje kvestova, više user friendly i uz standardni ES RPG momenat ni najbolja grafika im neće pomoći. Samo za gosn. Howarda spremam pet buradi do vrha punih pljuvačine ako me razočara.

Brišite ovo Skyrim, em nije potvrđeno em me nervira jer znači još jedan bezvezan ES.

Za Oblivion movie ide samo jedno gromoglasno LOL :d

Podnaslov vesti je pisao neki *****:

Get ready to return to Cyrodiil

Ništa smorenije od Cyrodiil-a nema, to je Oblivion isuviše dobro objasnio.

Bolje da vrate u Morrowind ili da istraže neku drugu oblast, to stoji...

Najbolje da nam otključaju ceo Tamriel pa natenane sledećih 8 godina da djuskamo :D

Pa nek naprave MMORPG, umesto massive singleplayer offline game kao do sad :d

Nazad
Vrh Dno