Šta je novo?

Perspektiva Nvidie Dx11

Status
Zatvorena za pisanje odgovora.

Basileus

Cenjen
Učlanjen(a)
Poena
“DirectX 11 by itself is not going be the defining reason to buy a new GPU. It will be one of the reasons. This is why Microsoft is in work with the industry to allow more freedom and more creativity in how you build content, which is always good, and the new features in DirectX 11 are going to allow people to do that. But that no longer is the only reason, we believe, consumers would want to invest in a GPU,” said Mike Hara, vice president of investor relations at Nvidia, at Deutsche Bank Securities Technology Conference on Wednesday.

Nvidia believes that special-purpose software that relies on GPGPU technologies will drive people to upgrade their graphics processing units (GPUs), not advanced visual effects in future video games or increased raw performance of DirectX 11-compliant graphics processors.

“Now, we know, people are doing a lot in the area of video, people are going to do more and more in the area of photography… I think that the things we are doing would allow the GPU to be a co-processor to the CPU and deliver better user experience, better battery life and make that computers little bit more optimized,” added Mr. Hara.

There are several problems for Nvidia, though. While ATI, graphics business unit of Advanced Micro Devices, is about to launch its Radeon HD 5800-series graphics cards that fully support DirectX 11 in the upcoming weeks, Nvidia yet has not disclosed any plans regarding its DX11 GPUs, which means that in the eyes of computer enthusiasts the company is not a technology leader any more.

At present there is a lot of software that takes advantage of Nvidia’s proprietary CUDA software development and runtime environments, which provides numerous benefits to owners of Nvidia GeForce hardware now. However, such software at present is incompatible with open-standard DirectCompute 11 (DirectX 11 compute shaders) and OpenCL environments, which are supported by ATI Radeon HD 4000 and 5000 families of graphics processors in addition to Nvidia’s latest chips. Even though Nvidia has advantage in terms of higher amount of installed GeForce GPUs and at least some makers of software will decide to develop software using CUDA set of tools and aimed only at GeForce GPUs, the majority will settle with industry-standard DirectCompute and OpenCL, which puts all the interested parties – ATI/AMD, Intel, Nvidia, etc. – into the same boat, where there will be no advantage of exclusive software. It is not completely clear why Nvidia’s vice president of investor relations claims that DirectX 11, which enables next-generation GPGPU software through DirectCompute, will not catalyze end-users to upgrade their graphics cards.

Computing Performance More Important than Graphics Performance
Next-generation graphics processors will naturally not only outperform Nvidia’s and ATI current GeForce GTX 200- and Radeon HD 4000-series lines, but also offer support for future games, something, which is more than likely to catalyze many gamers – who usually buy high-end graphics cards for $300 or more – to upgrade their graphics sub-systems. The new graphics cards will allow to increase resolutions of video gaming and increase the amount of enabled visual effects.

Nvidia believes that in future computing performance will matter much more than graphics performance, which seems to make sense as forthcoming video games will demand a lot of purely computing power to process not only visuals, but also physics and artificial experience. Nevertheless, Nvidia seems to put a lot of hopes onto its proprietary technologies, such as CUDA, Stereo 3D Vision, PhysX and others. This is understandable as the aforementioned technologies allow Nvidia to differentiate itself. However, as all proprietary standards (3dfx Glide is one example), they may not continue to be on the leading edge in the longer term.

“Graphics industry, I think, is on the point that microprocessor industry was several years ago, when AMD made the public confession that frequency does not matter anymore and it is more about performance per watt. I think we are the same crossroad with the graphics world: framerate and resolution are nice, but today they are very high and going from 120fps to 125fps is not going to fundamentally change end-user experience. But I think the things that we are doing with Stereo 3D Vision, PhysX, about making the games more immersive, more playable is beyond framerates and resolutions. Nvidia will show with the next-generation GPUs that the compute side is now becoming more important that the graphics side,” concluded Mr. Hara.

Interesanta tema za razmisljanje kad je u pitanju buduce ulaganje u Graficke Procesore.

Cini mi se da Nvidia ovom izjavom pokazuje da je ATI uzeo primat sto se tice Grafickih Kartica novih generacija i da ne moze da ih najbolje u tome prati . Kad su kupili Aegia Physix i integrisali podrsku za njen softwer u svoje GPUove Nvidia se time opredelila za drugaciju strategiju konkurencije i time je napravila rascep izmedju benificija koje ce pruzati te dve konkurente firme ,sto u principu ne znam koliko je za nas povoljno.

Do skora sam govorio kako cu da predjem sa ATIa koga vise preferiram na Nvidiu zbog Fizike zato sto nemam jak CPU koji to moze da podrzi ali mi se posle ovog clanka perspektiva potpuno promenila.

Sumnjam da ce Nvidia moci da napravi model dovoljno dobar da parira ATIu sto se tice Dx11 tako da se meni licno cini da varijanta sa ATIevom karticom i vrlo jakom procesorskom snagom koja ce da odmenjuje Nvidijine implementacije bi bila najjaca varijanta za Gamersku perspektivu.

Sta vi mislite o tome ?

Mislim da mnoooogo gresis ako mislis da nvidia nije u stanju da napravi dx11 gpu.
Nijedan cpu nije u stanju da isprati physx kao na recimo 9600gt. Recimo da je 8600 u proracunu fizike brzi od klokovanog q6600.

Poslednja izmena:
LOL , ja sam koristio 8600 pre nego sto sam pazario radeon 4850 i jos uvek je imam.

Ali tada kad sam ga ja kupio jos uvek je bio Aegia.

Verujem da ce Nvidia sigurno napraviti Dx11 GPU i da ce biti dobar , ali koliko u poredjenju sa Ati-jem sto se tice same grafike ?

Iskreno receno voleo bih da uspe Nvidijin koncept iz jednog prostog razloga.

Bavim se gamingom jedno 12 godina i u glavnom sam odigrao sve sto je proslo a da je iole valjalo ,
i jedino sto vidim je da se grafika poboljsava a sve ostalo stagnira. Licno bih voleo kad bi AI poceli da razvijaju da dobije izuzetno visok stepen realnosti , a ne samo grafika. Da imas NPCove koji stvarno imaju kvalitetnu logiku , a to nisam imao prilike do sada da vidim cak i u igricama u kojima su se navodno potrudili. Pod time ne podrazumevam FPS igre gde je protivnik sposoban da ti vrati bombu koju si mu bacio ili da te saceka ili okruzi iza drugog ugla , vec visok stepen Interaktivne Inteligencije , ali to cemo tek videti kada ce programerima pasti napamet da se zabavljaju sa time barem kad nisu u pitanju neke militarne aplikacije vec u entertainment industriji ...

Ako je to sto kazes tacno za q6600 , kupovina Nvidijinog GPUa bi predstavljala veliku ustedu sto se tice procesorske snage i u slucaju da moze svojim grafickim kvalitetom da isprati radeon isplativo bi je bilo kupiti. Naravno vreme ce to pokazati.

Ja ne znam koje sledece modele Nvidia sprema za izlazak i kada ?

Sve lepo pise ovde.

Status
Zatvorena za pisanje odgovora.
Nazad
Vrh Dno