Šta je novo?

WD RE4-GP 2TB, 30$ skuplji, 30% bolji!

I_L_I_J_A

Super Moderator
Učlanjen(a)
Poena
Review: http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=703

PROS:
~20-30% performance gain as compared to a Caviar Green of the same capacity.
Superior build quality.
Low (no) vibration.
Enterprise class features unavailable on consumer grade drives.
CONS:
Enterprise class pricing (though you get what you pay for).

Here are some features unique to the RE series drive (translated by yours truly):
- 64MB cache — Up from 32MB for the Caviar Green, this should help out with random access performance.
- Dual processors (!) — Yes, welcome to the worlds first dual core 3.5" hard drive. Multiple CPU's should help out in the area of IOPS performance, as well as juggling around all of that cache memory.
- RAID-specific time-limited error recovery (TLER) — The drive limits the 'hang' experienced on a read error in order to avoid a RAID controller considering the drive dead / offline.
- Rotary Acceleration Feed Forward (RAFF™) — I've got nothing. Just kidding. More on this near the end of the article.

Final Thoughts

I went into this review knowing the RE4 would outperform the Caviar Green. What I was not expecting was a drive threatening to dethrone the VelociRaptor. This really is a serious piece of storage gear. After seeing the quality and performance of the RE4 series first hand, I plan to shift my data onto a set of these just as soon as I can get my hands on them.

Poslednja izmena:
PCPer u vecini slucajeva za HDD napravi sljam testove - nikakav izuzetak ovde...
Da mi je videti i jedan test gde je RE2-GP bolji od VRaptora ili Raptora pa da im je komentar na mestu.

Dobro njegovo ne potpuno poznavanje materije se vidi i ovde:

- Dual processors (!) — Yes, welcome to the worlds first dual core 3.5" hard drive. Multiple CPU's should help out in the area of IOPS performance, as well as juggling around all of that cache memory.
kad vec 640GB Black edition imaju odavno ovaj feature

ali cini mi se da je definitivno disk vredan paznje, s obzirom da je $30 skuplji (jeste na preskupu cenu zbog nedostatka konkurencije sa 2TB i current top capacity premijum-a)

Nazad
Vrh Dno