Šta je novo?

Industrija igara

Vidi ga rAMA što je srećan, ko da mu je rođendan :d

Pa naravno da sam srećan, samo kad se setim koliko sam vremena proveo igrajuću CoD 2/4 MP. Ako okupe staru ekipu, tu prvenstveno mislim na Grant Collier-a (osnivača IW-a, koji je zbog preteranog uplitanja Activisiona i drugačije vizije već ranije napustio tim).

Minimalizam na delu :D

Inace, prvobitni naziv za tim je bio Insubordinate games. :d

I još... 'de li će da odu :)

More Infinity Ward Leads Resign from MW2 Studio

The reported Infinity Ward departures are:

* Steve Fukuda - Lead Designer
* Zied Reike - Lead Designer
* Rayme Vinson - Programmer
* Chris Cherubini - Lead Artist

This brings the total number of departures from Infinity Ward, including West and Zameplla, up to ten. No one has officially accepted positions with West and Zampella's Respawn Entertainment, but you can bet that you'll be reading that soon

"2K Games announced XCOM, an effort to reboot the well-known tactical game first introduced by Mythos Games and MicroProse in 1993. The project is in the hands of 2K Marin, the developers behind BioShock 2. XCOM "combines the strategic core of the groundbreaking franchise with a suspense-filled narrative and distills it into a tense and unique first-person shooter experience."

XCOM portrays the struggle against an mysterious enemy, putting players into the shoes of an FBI agent tasked with identifying and eliminating the growing threat. Staying true to classic game you'll be placed into dangerous situations. Using the appropriate tactics, gamers will be thrown into intense "combat experiences that pit human ingenuity – and frailty – against a foe beyond comprehension. By setting the game in a first-person perspective, players will be able to feel the tension and fear that comes with combating a faceless enemy that is violently probing and plotting its way into our world."

"With BioShock 2, the team at 2K Marin proved themselves as masters of first-person, suspenseful storytelling, and with XCOM they will re-imagine and expand the rich lore of this revered franchise,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “Players will explore the world of XCOM from an immersive new perspective and experience firsthand the fear and tension of this gripping narrative ride.”

2K Games announced XCOM, an effort to reboot the well-known tactical game first introduced by Mythos Games and MicroProse in 1993. The project is in the hands of 2K Marin, the developers behind BioShock 2. XCOM "combines the strategic core of the groundbreaking franchise with a suspense-filled narrative and distills it into a tense and unique first-person shooter experience."

XCOM portrays the struggle against an mysterious enemy, putting players into the shoes of an FBI agent tasked with identifying and eliminating the growing threat. Staying true to classic game you'll be placed into dangerous situations. Using the appropriate tactics, gamers will be thrown into intense "combat experiences that pit human ingenuity – and frailty – against a foe beyond comprehension. By setting the game in a first-person perspective, players will be able to feel the tension and fear that comes with combating a faceless enemy that is violently probing and plotting its way into our world."

"With BioShock 2, the team at 2K Marin proved themselves as masters of first-person, suspenseful storytelling, and with XCOM they will re-imagine and expand the rich lore of this revered franchise,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “Players will explore the world of XCOM from an immersive new perspective and experience firsthand the fear and tension of this gripping narrative ride.”

dokle vise ??? dokle vise uznemiravati PC klasike i praviti konzolaske abominacije... tuga jedna na sta su spali...

preteranog uplitanja Activisiona

Actard. :)

20071205.jpg

Poslednja izmena:
Ovo sve jako ubija u pojam, aj nek neko otvori temu "optimisticne vesti iz video igara :)"

i oanko je za konzole :)

Stice i za PC za koji mesec. Tako je makar bilo u vecini dosadasnjih "console only" slucajeva. A i kad pogledamo 90% danasnje PC scene, sve nam se smese konzolni portovi. Uz ovakav "gaming", kako novosti da budu optimisticne?...

original.png

Hahaha :d

Two Lead Animators Next in Infinity Ward Exodus

Two more leads have departed from Infinity Ward today, Kotaku reports. Yesterday, four more departures were confirmed and today Mark Grigsby (lead animator) and Paul Messerly (lead character animator) have resigned.

This puts the total number of departures from Infinity Ward (including West and Zampella) at 13, most of them being leads on the team that created Modern Warfare 2. Smart money is on most if not all of these developers joining up with Respawn Entertainment, following West and Zampella.

Btw:

gu_20091201.jpg

dokle vise ??? dokle vise uznemiravati PC klasike

Izgleda da ce i Syndicate istim stopama...

http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=63298

Concrete evidence that The Chronicles of Riddick and The Darkness developer Starbreeze has been resurrecting Bullfrog's classic cyberpunk real-time tactical series Syndicate comes today in the form of copyright filings noticed by superannuation.

Three separate documents--a license agreement, copyright mortgage and assignment, and sidecar short form assignment and assumption agreement--show Electronic Arts and Starbreeze partnering under the "Syndicate" copyright as of June 19, 2009.

Poslednja izmena:
Five (And Counting) Ex-Infinity Ward Employees Join Respawn

UPDATE 4:13 PM: And then there were five. Former Infinity Ward software engineer Rayme C. Vinson has also joined Respawn Entertainment, according to a Facebook status update. Vinson's update says he starts work at Respawn Entertainment on May 1 and will perform the same development role at the new startup from West and Zampella.
UPDATE 4:04 PM: Todd Alderman is not alone; we have three more Respawn Entertainment recruits to add to the list. Former Infinity Ward lead animator Mark Grisby, lead environmental artist Chris Cherubini and lead animator John Paul Messerly have all joined Respawn Entertainment under the same roles, according to updated Linkedin profiles.
ORIGINAL STORY: After Activision fired former Infinity Ward leadership Jason West and Vince Zampella, a steady stream of senior designers, programmers, artists and other employees have turned in letters of resignation. All of them have been quiet about their future plans. It's been widely speculated that some would follow their former studio heads to their new company, Respawn Entertainment.
Now, it's official.
Former Infinity Ward lead designer Todd Alderman has joined Respawn Entertainment as a lead game designer, according to his Linkedin profile.
Respawn Enertainment was only announced earlier this month by West and Zampella. The studio has already inked a publishing deal with Electronic Arts, but unlike Call of Duty with Activision, West and Zampella maintain complete creative control over the new game. EA said it would fund the new game, however, and it's expected the deal would cover multiple games. But Respawn controls their destiny.
The new developer has not announced a new project because it doesn't actually have one yet.
"It's all about focusing and making sure our premiere title is huge and something that the fans and the gaming community really are gonna love," said West in an interview with G4 following the announcement of Respawn Entertainment. "That's what we're all about right now."
When I spoke with West and Zampella, their company didn't even have an office yet.
With the addition of Alderman to their lineup, however, it's starting to come together.

Read more: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7...yees-Join-Respawn.html#readmore#ixzz0lsSBcgy5

Jest' da je informacija ultra matora (februar), ali vredi pomenuti da su Obsidian i Red Eagle Games preuzeli prava na video igre bazirane po Dzordanovom Wheel Of Time serijalu knjiga i zajedno ce raditi na "next gen" RPG naslovu, smestenom u WOT univerzum.

http://www.dragonmount.com/News/?p=1193

Glupo je više pisati o IW i Respawn-u...
Više je nego očigledno da će svi iz IW-a preći u Respawn, a najbolje je što je Activision rekao da ce svima ostalima raspodeliti one bonuse što su trebali da dobiju West i Zampela :D a to tek rekli kada pola njih otišlo :D

Pete Hines affirmed as much to Kotaku.

Not so says Bethesda's Pete Hines. "That is still ongoing and has not been resolved. It is a minor procedural thing that took place, not a dropping of the lawsuit."

So the lawsuit still lives on, and the future of Interplay's Fallout MMO still hangs in the balance, and at the moment there's no end in sight.

"The bottom line is it's an ongoing legal matter, it's in no way, shape or form done," Hines continued. "We're going to let the process play out in the courts, which is what we've said all along, but beyond that I can't give specifics as to procedures. That's not my domain."

Glupo je više pisati o IW i Respawn-u...
Više je nego očigledno da će svi iz IW-a preći u Respawn, a najbolje je što je Activision rekao da ce svima ostalima raspodeliti one bonuse što su trebali da dobiju West i Zampela :D a to tek rekli kada pola njih otišlo :D

fqpEY.gif

Ugovori sa Gejmstopom i ostalim prodavnicama su sigurno jedini razlog zašto ova generacija konzola nije prešla na online distribuciju igara i ostalog sadržaja. Pošto sam siguran da će u sledećoj generaciji diskovi biti marginalno zastupljeni, biće zanimljivo videti na koji način će se velike prodavnice prilagoditi ili boriti protiv toga.

Nazad
Vrh Dno