Šta je novo?

Industrija igara

Haha, naleteh na ovo- Carmack i neki EA developeri...

I told EA that we were NOT going to ship that as the first Id Software product on the iPhone. Using the iPhone's hardware 3D acceleration was a requirement, and it should be easy -- when I did the second generation mobile renderer (written originally in java) it was layered on top of a class I named TinyGL that did the transform / clip / rasterize operations fairly close to OpenGL semantics, but in fixed point and with both horizontal and vertical rasterization options for perspective correction. The developers came back and said it would take two months and exceed their budget.

Rather than having a big confrontation over the issue, I told them to just send the project to me and I would do it myself. Cass Everitt had been doing some personal work on the iPhone, so he helped me get everything set up for local iPhone development here, which is a lot more tortuous than you would expect from an Apple product. As usual, my off the cuff estimate of "Two days!" was optimistic, but I did get it done in four, and the game is definitely more pleasant at 8x the frame rate.
And I had fun doing it.

http://www.idsoftware.com/wolfenstein3dclassic/wolfdevelopment.htm

ok........ ali zasto bi ljudi kupovali bilo koji original osim net igara, kada mogu sa torrenta da skinu sve, jedna prosecna sveza igra se skida za 3dana(moze i brze) to svi znaju....uostalom sve polako ide ka osnovnoj stvari da PC nije za igre nego za ozbiljnije poslove,konzole su tu za igre i tako je i zamisljeno, a to sto 2 proizvodjaca graf.karti moraju ili ne da vijaju programere to je njihov problem...al ne brinem se, naci ce oni uvek nacin....ima ona stara ideja od pre 10ak god.(sun microsystem, ibm.....) strimovanje il kako se vec zove....gde cemo sa netbukom moci igrati gta4 i buduce igre koje se vrte na serverima,ideju naravno podrzavaju sva vodeca imena u it industriji.....i mislim da je to buducnost koja nas ceka,znaci plati pa se nakaci.....usput vidim da za jedan cod4 treba veza od 1mb/s, a za jedan gta 4mb/s

Poslednja izmena:

hehe... kakav kralj:

Looking through the original code brought back some memories. I stopped signing code files years ago, but the top of WL_MAIN.C made me smile:

/*
=============================================================================

WOLFENSTEIN 3-D

An Id Software production

by John Carmack

=============================================================================
*/

It wasn't dated, but that would have been in 1991.

zakljucuje da nije upisao datum u source kodu pre 18 godina a onda ne upise datum ni na ovaj tekst :d

elem, ono sto sam hteo da pitam je zasto se Carmack zanima sa Wolfenstein 3D kodom i spominje Q3 kad su ljudi vec portavali Quake 3 na iphone... ? od kad je ovaj tekst koji si linkovao Nex999?

Poslednja izmena:
Hahah, nemam pojma, ali kapiram da je nesto sveze, Wolf 3D/EA/iPhone kombo je novijeg datuma:)

Ubisoft najavio Ghost Recon 4, kao i novi Splinter Cell, za kraj ove godine...

Ubisoft's released sales data for its fourth fiscal quarter, revealing that long-missing Splinter Cell Conviction will finally be released this Christmas.

Ubsisoft also confirmed that a brand new Ghost Recon game, called just "Ghost Recon 4" will be released in "2009-2010", just as CVG revealed earlier this year.

"In 2008-09, we... continued to invest heavily in Ubisoft's future potential, hiring some 1,300 talents for our studios with a view to driving the Company's expansion, further strengthening our franchises and preparing for the next generation of handheld as well as home consoles," the company said in a statement.

"The results of these efforts will be seen as early as this Christmas with one of the industry's most ambitious games line-ups which will include Assassin's Creed 2, James Cameron's Avatar, Splinter Cell Conviction, Rabbids Go Home and Red Steel 2."

Both Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon are expected to be unveiled at E3 in June.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=214038

Pa da vidimo...

Ko zna...verovatno kao trojku racunaju Advanced Warfighter (1 i 2).Malo su se pogubili s brojevima izgleda:p

Neke vesti iz Capcoma, tj. zvanicno saopstenje za SF4, Bionic Commando i Resident Evil 5:

Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that three of its blockbuster hit console games of 2009 will be coming to the PC beginning this summer. Bionic Commando, Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5 will all be coming to the PC, beginning in July with Street Fighter IV and Bionic Commando, while Resident Evil 5 comes later in the year. All three games will be optimized for the PC platform and will have new PC-specific features added to the already great games. Street Fighter IV has been rated T for Teen by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB), while Bionic Commando and Resident Evil 5 are both rated M for Mature. All three games will be available both at retail and via various digital distribution methods, including Capcom’s own e-store.

Street Fighter IV features a mix of returning favorites such as Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and Guile along with new characters created for this game, such as Crimson Viper, Abel, El Fuerte, and Rufus. Characters and environments are rendered in stylized 3D, while the game is played in the classic Street Fighter 2D perspective with additional 3D camera flourishes. Instantly familiar six-button controls are the hallmark of the game, with a host of new special moves and features. Mixing classic genre-defining game mechanics the franchise is known and loved for with all-new, never-before-seen gameplay systems, Street Fighter IV brings a brand new fighting experience to fans the world over. The PC version of Street Fighter IV will feature online play, higher screen resolutions and three new shaders based on three of the “artistic” trailers released in 2008 that will change the visual appearance of the game: “watercolor,” “posterization” and “sumi-e ink” styles.

The first true sequel to the classic 1988 Nintendo Entertainment System original, Bionic Commando sees the return of the bionically-enhanced Nathan "Rad" Spencer. Time has not been kind to Spencer: 10 years after his heroic defeat of the Imperials, he has been betrayed by the government he swore to serve, imprisoned for crimes he didn't commit, and sentenced to death. Bionic Commando transposes the swing-and-shoot gameplay of the 8-bit original onto a stunning 3D environment of towering buildings, suspended roadways and monorails, deep canyons and sheer rock faces, where every environment is scalable using swinging, scaling, climbing and wall-walking techniques. The PC version of Bionic Commando will support higher resolutions than the console version, remappable controls including mouse and keyboard support, support for both DirectX9 and DirectX 10 and online connectivity for multiplayer sessions.

In Resident Evil 5, returning hero Chris Redfield is sent to Africa to investigate a biological weapon that is transforming the populace into aggressive and disturbing creatures. Joined by another local BSAA agent, Sheva Alomar, the two must work together to solve the truth behind the frightening turn of events. Featuring a revolutionary new co-op mode of gameplay, Resident Evil 5 will let players experience fear together as terror moves out of the shadows and into the light of day. The PC version of Resident Evil 5 will feature online play for co-operative play sessions over the internet and will also take advantage of NVIDIA’s new GeForce 3D Vision technology (wireless 3D Vision glasses sold separately).

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/4...et-Fighter-IV-Coming-To-PC-Starting-This-July

EA: PC gaming is growing, console hardware race slowing
by Cyril Kowaliski — 6:00 AM on May 6, 2009

As the arms race for more powerful console hardware is slowing down, the PC is "rapidly becoming the largest gaming platform in the world." Those are the observations of Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello, who reflected on the state of the industry during his company's latest earnings conference call. (If you're curious, Shacknews says EA posted $4.2 billion revenue and $42 million net losses—both better than expected.)

On the state of the console market, Shacknews quotes Ricitiello as saying, "I think that [console] arms race, while I can never say that it's done, the relevance of doing that faster.. seems to have subsided. . . . Those big changes are not something we're seeing in the immediate term, nor are we expecting it in the immediate term." An unrelated analyst report cited by PC World says the next generation of consoles may not show up until 2013, although a high-definition Wii may crop up next year.

EA executives quoted some interesting numbers related to the PC gaming market, too. According to the Shack, EA's digital game distribution revenue has almost doubled since last year and reached $80 million. EA CFO Eric Brown noted, "The online part of our business is growing as much as 60% year over year."

Ricitiello went on to comment, "We've got probably a billion PCs out there in the world. . . . Very rapidly the PC is becoming the largest gaming platform in the world, just not in a packaged-good product. . . . As you look at what that means in terms of distribution of product, we think that's incredibly exciting because it's going to open the market to new demographics, new countries and new types of gameplay." Right now, EA distributes PC games digitally both via its own online store and through Valve's Steam.

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/16867

3D Realms Puk'o??

The biggest vaporware title in the history of the PC finally is vaporized. But that\'s a sad thing of course. Shacknews report that:

Duke Nukem Forever publisher Take-Two has confirmed to Shacknews that it was not funding development of the 3D Realms project.

"We can confirm that our relationship with 3D Realms for Duke Nukem Forever was a publishing arrangement, which did not include ongoing funds for development of the title," said Take-Two VP of communications Alan Lewis in a prepared statement.

"In addition, Take-Two continues to retain the publishing rights to Duke Nukem Forever," he added.

Update: Apogee Software and Deep Silver have issued a statement to Shacknews, confirming that the situation at 3D Realms has not affected the development of Frontline Games' upcoming handheld Duke Nukem Trilogy.

"Deep Silver and Apogee Software are not affected by the situation at 3D Realms," a representative for the companies told us. "Development on the Duke Nukem Trilogy is continuing as planned."

Original story: A very reliable source close to Duke Nukem Forever developer 3D Realms today confirmed to Shacknews that the development studio has shut down.

The closure came about as a result of funding issues, our source explained, with the shut down said to affect both 3D Realms and the recently resurrected Apogee. Employees of both entities have already been let go.

Phone calls and e-mails to various 3D Realms veterans have thus far gone unanswered, with 3D Realms publishing partner Take-Two and Apogee partner Deep Silver likewise unavailable for comment. One 3D Realms spokesperson declined to comment when reached.

3D Realms was founded in 1987 by Scott Miller and George Broussard, and was best known for its Duke Nukem series of shooters starring the titular, bubblegum-lacking hero. The studio had infamously been working on Duke Nukem Forever, the next flagship franchise entry, for over 12 years.

A final push to release Duke Nukem Forever began in 2007, marked by a short teaser starring the in-game hero that was released late that year.

We heard from an anonymous tipster earlier today of 3D Realms demise, with Shacknews reporting the very same thing, citing a "very reliable source" close to the Duke Nukem dev.

We've reached out to staffers at 3D Realms for clarification.

http://kotaku.com/5243277/is-duke-nukem-developer-3d-realms-gone-for-good

Sto ce reci, novi Duke Nukem samo sto nije :d

Bethesda Reveals First Details of Splash Damage Project

Bethesda Europe managing director Sean Brennan has let slip the very first meager details of its project with Splash Damage, in an interview with gamesindustry.biz.

Brennan describes the title--whose name has yet to be revealed--from Quake Wars developer Splash Damage as "a first-person shooter" that's also "a genre-breaker."

This is the most we have heard about Splash Damage's game since the partnership was announced back in March 2008. Brennan explains they have been tight-lipped as "there are so many innovative features in there we don't want to reveal them too soon."

What we do know is that Fable II lead designer Richard Ham is the project's creative director, and that traditionally PC-centric Splash Damage is warming up to consoles.

Bethesda and Splash Damage will reveal more of their mystery game at E3 come June.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58571

to je to gde bethesda zavrshava, sa josh jednim pc razvojim timom koji pravi fps za konzole, tako logichno. garantujem neverovatan uspeh

hahaha, vidim da niko ne cita ova moja pisanija u ovoj temi, pa rekoh da ubacim nesto o betezdi i - uspeo sam:D:D

Brennan describes the title--whose name has yet to be revealed--from Quake Wars developer Splash Damage as "a first-person shooter" that's also "a genre-breaker."

Zivjela revolucija :)

Koliko se kvalitetnih pc igara pojavilo od pocetka godine. Znaci, onih za koje biste snimili i odigrali jos koji put. Mogu se nabrojati na prstima jedne ruke.
Nema kvalitetnih fps, decijih, simulacija voznji, logickih.
Ostali su rpg i mmorgh.

Spielberg predicts death of home consoles

Hollywood veteran Steven Spielberg expects to see the traditional home console die out, whilst virtual reality and 3D video games will make an emphatic comeback.

In an exclusive interview with The Guardian, Spielberg boldly stated that he forecasts the conventional video game systems to go "the way of the Dodo bird," as well as declaring his preference for PC gaming. :D

Spielberg predicts death of home consoles

Hollywood veteran Steven Spielberg expects to see the traditional home console die out, whilst virtual reality and 3D video games will make an emphatic comeback.

In an exclusive interview with The Guardian, Spielberg boldly stated that he forecasts the conventional video game systems to go "the way of the Dodo bird," as well as declaring his preference for PC gaming. :D

Sad ga jos vise gotivim. :D

Haha, senjor spilbergo je car :D

Intervju sa Tim Svinijem, mala istorija Epic-a.

From The Past To The Future: Tim Sweeney Talks

Dotakao se i krajzisa-

Present & Future

Does it scare you when you see Crysis... or, I don't know. What's the biggest competitor in the game engine market? Is it id's stuff, or is it another company?

TS: Today, it's Crysis. Because Crysis is doing some things on high-end PCs that we're not doing ourselves. That's a tricky case though, because we could do vastly more than we're currently doing if we focused on supporting dual high-end video cards, which have about 10 times the graphics horsepower of a console today.

The thing is, that market is about 2% the size of the overall next-generation game market -- PS3, Xbox 360, and mainstream PC. So there's a real hard business decision: if you go the route that Crytek goes, you can beat us in certain areas in graphics, but you're really sacrificing the larger market.

Because you can't run that engine on the PS3 and that sort of thing.

TS: Yeah. And some of the things they're doing are just conceptually incompatible with that level of performance. Wherever you have an order of magnitude performance difference, you can't really scale.

We can scale down in performance by a factor of three by going to a low resolution, dropping some textures, and things like that. But to scale by a factor of 10 -- you can't design a game with 10 times the detail and then scale it back to something that looks decent on the consoles. You'd end up looking much worse than a console game that was just designed for the console specs. So they have real scalability difficulties there.

Kako bre u certain areas... U svim. :p

So there's a real hard business decision: if you go the route that Crytek goes, you can beat us in certain areas in graphics, but you're really sacrificing the larger market

Videcemo kako ce Rage izgledati uporedo. Ako neko ume da napravi znatnu razliku, pod uslovom da zeli, onda je to JC.

Yeah. And some of the things they're doing are just conceptually incompatible with that level of performance. Wherever you have an order of magnitude performance difference, you can't really scale.

Kako ne moze da skalira. E sad, to sto izgleda bitno drugacije je druga stvar. On bi da i nivo detalja ostane isti i da radi u 30fps.

You'd end up looking much worse than a console game that was just designed for the console specs.

Steta sto trenutno ne postoji console-only igra sa kojom moze da je poredi.

Poslednja izmena:
KZ2? Mogu ja da je hejtujem do sutra (mada jeste igra sa 8 bitnom grayscale paletom boja :p ) ali je to najjaci primerak konzolne grafike koji trenutno imamo za poredjenje.

Zaboravio sam da napisem "igra slicne koncepcije". Mislio sam da je ocigledno.

Poslednja izmena:
Znaci, neverovatno...

THQ has unveiled Homefront, a first-person shooter for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 from Kaos Studios, which will be shown at E3. There's currently no release date.

Set 20 years in the future, Homefront puts you at the spearhead of the resistance against North Korean occupation of the USA.

Developer Kaos promises a mixture of first-person storytelling and oppressive action sequences with the near-future realism of games like its own Frontlines: Fuel of War and (we reckon) Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter.

That means prototype drone weaponry and other innovations in amongst the more familiar assault rifles, RPGs, tanks, planes and 4x4s.

In addition to a story-driven single-player campaign, Homefront promises a massive multiplayer component, most likely class-based, which aims to match the faster pace of games like Call of Duty to the scale of things like Frontlines.

Covek se stvarno zapita ponekad koliko neko moze biti glupav kad smislja ovakve stvari...nebitno, dokle god imade trziste u Alabami ili Viskonsinu...

Rebellion Planning New Sequels to Vivendi Franchises: Lords of the Realm, Ground Control, More

Alien vs. Predator developer Rebellion purchased a number of Vivendi-owned intellectual properties following the Activision Blizzard merger, and is currently putting together plans to develop "new titles in each series."

The properties include the medieval strategy franchises Lords of the Realm and Lords of Magic, and the RTS series Ground Control and Empire Earth. Rebellion also grabbed the strategy franchise Evil Genius from defunct studio Elixir Studios.

Rebellion last week released Ground Control and Evil Genius for digital download on GoG.com, and has plans to release more of the classics there in the future. More interestingly, the developer is also looking to create new games based on the old properties.

"Yes, we have complete ownership of the IP from the past and going forwards, so yes we're putting our plans together for new titles in each series," said Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley to BigDownload

Od svih pomenutih igara jedino bih voleo da vidim nastavak Evil Genius-a. Kako je to luda igra :d.

BC2 samo sto nije, a konkurencija...Activision poslao storm troopere na svoje studije...pa i na IW?

Something's happening at Infinity Ward right now.

"Everyone is on edge," said my source.

Infinity Ward studio heads Vince Zampella and Jason West reportedly met with Activision this morning and have not been seen by Infinity Ward staff members since. My source did not delve into specifics, but described the relationship between Infinity Ward and Activision lately as "tense."

The mood around the Infinity Ward offices is currently described as "freaked out" and "confused."

"We just wanna make our games," said my source.

I've contacted Activision for comment on the ongoing situation at Infinity Ward. Stay tuned.

Modern Warfare 2 developer Infinity Ward is now home to a very strange, currently very unclear story, as G4 reports that security guards have stormed the developer, with studio heads currently missing in action.

While that all sounds like scary stuff, there's very little in the way of actual detail here. Infinity Ward leads Vince Zampella and Jason West are reported to have met with Activision earlier today, but have not been seen since by G4's sources. The original report describes a rumored level of tension between Infinity Ward and its owner/publisher, but does not explain the source of that friction.

Look, we don't know what's up yet, but we've reached out to Activision PR and Infinity Ward's main communicator Robert Bowling for comment on G4's report. The latter has been uncharacteristically quiet on his Twitter account today, if that means anything.

We're well aware by now that Activision isn't shy about bringing the hammer down on its owned development studios, with Infinity Ward's Call of Duty games still bringing in the billions, we can't imagine why Bobby Kotick and company would be so displeased with its star studio. Put your rumor protective gear on until we hear more.

http://kotaku.com/5483348/report-strange-things-are-afoot-at-infinity-ward-[update]

original.png

That's supposedly from Modern Warfare 2 game director and Infinity Ward president Jason West's Facebook page. We're trying to verify.

Poslednja izmena:
sta je napravio od cod-a treba da se udavi u alkoholu :p

Nazad
Vrh Dno